Monday, April 30, 2012

One Soap to Rule Them All

I wrote to Knottyboy asking them if their Every Body All Purpose Shampoo Bars were residue free. Here is the response I got.

"thanks so much for your email. All of our all purpose bars are residue free. Synthetic scents and conditioning agents are residues, but the scents in our soaps are only from the actual ingredients in the soap and essential oils that have a purpose in the cleansing process! You don't have to worry about residues with Knotty Boy!"

So a 100% biodegradable, residue-free, nice-smelling, all-purpose soap bar... sounds too good to be true. It is the stuff of dreams. I see myself out in nature in a fitted tank-top and baggy cargos in earth tones and a length of cloth wrapped around my head, holding back my perfect bead-bedecked dreadlocks as I contemplate nature and hear only the birds, insects, breeze through the leaves, and babbling of the stream in which I will bathe with my perfect soap bar...

I think my imagination got a little out of hand, there. I normally don't take other people on those absurd flights of fancy. I am, in a weird way, always imagining possibilities and hypothetical situations and vague dreams for the future, but I normally beat those back with cruel, hard logic. I think my mind may not be compatible with itself.

So, you get the gist, I like the idea of this soap.

You also have glimpsed what I dream my dreadlock life will be like. Camping and beaches and surf and nature and hiking and rock-climbing and kayaking and biking... I want to be active and spend time outdoors. Or go back to the summer camp I attended in high school. It's weird reading about dreadlocks online because you get this sense of community and forget that most of these people aren't anywhere near West Des Moines, Iowa. Isn't much in the way of beaches around here, either. There is a small one by a lake nearby, but it's salt water that holds the locking power for dreadlocks. So instead of getting them better, I'd mostly just be getting them wet. And exposing them to pond scum.

Now I know I didn't need dreadlocks for an active lifestyle or a healthy lifestyle. They just inspire me to want it more. I already love biking and beaches. Is it such a stretch to want more?

1 comment:

  1. "I think my mind may not be compatible with itself." Haha best quote ever, and I know exactly what you mean.

    I'm also disappointed by the everything-in-one bar soap :(

    ReplyDelete