Monday, May 7, 2012

Something Week Dreadiversary!

I think it's... five weeks? I must confess, I didn't take a picture today. It's dark out and I didn't think to earlier. I was waiting to post until I did my B Week duty of putting wax back in my hair... not really happy with that. My dreadies were all fluffy and touchable and now they are... stiff. Not terrible stiff and I think I got most of the wax off the surface, but there is a difference. Even Jonny Clean hates wax in his hair and he markets the stuff. Just cause it doesn't feel good doesn't me it doesn't help. I guess I can't wait for next week... A Week again!

Speaking of Mr. Clean, he saw what I had to say about Super Soap there, and has his own opinion: "I read your post about the knotty boy soap. The knotty boy soaps are traditional soap formulas made with saponified oils  - they leave behind residue/soap scum like any other Castile soap. The fragrances they use may not cause an issue but the soap itself certainly does. For more info you can google soap scum, soap residue and how soap works. I have a page on soap residue with lots of info here: http://dreadheadhq.com/residue"

I have to admit, I rather suspected. He makes a good point about soap leaving soap scum (in the link), but I haven't tested the Knotty Boy stuff...

Heck, I never know who is right. And I don't want to take chances with my dreads. That's if I believe the DreadHeadHQ people in the first place (referring back to the Dreadlockssite people). Did you notice I included a link to them? It's not because I agree with them (I committed a cardinal sin by putting wax in my hair), but because I think they are actually a resource if you wanted to start neglect dreads. I barely have the patience for this method, I could not go for months upon months of my hair looking like I forgot to brush it for six weeks. If my hair would even dread in the first place on it's own. Does that make me unworthy? In their eyes, I'm sure. In my opinion, it's a hair style and means to you what you want it to mean to you. It's not fair to tell some people they can't do something with their hair. It's their hair.

But whatever, I already washed my hair today, so I do not need the soapbox.

By the way, I got my tam from Knotty Boy today. The lady at the office who receives packages is like, "How do you get your hair to do that?" and asked me to keep her updated when I explained it wasn't done. On the list of people to talk to is the hair stylist who put in my braid sections. I'm waiting until I at least get the bands out. Rubberbands are so tacky. But I got the tam, and as suspected, I do not look as cute as the girl in the picture. My dreads are not as long, not as thick, and I don't have bangs. Not a bangs person in the first place, and in the second place it seems incomplete. Also, I think I need my tams to have brims.

But, pictures. If not today, then recent.


















I make a fairly awesome biker chick, if I do say so myself.


















Hats don't fit me like they used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment