Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eight Weeks

Sorry I'm a bit late on this one. But, you know, Monday was a holiday. In which I did nothing but read a book and play Diablo III. And arm workouts, but that's not really relevant. Hey, you don't need to know my itinerary.

Anywhere, here is the picture.


















This is like my new favorite way to wear my headband, cause it hides the roots in the front and makes me look a little more sporty and allows my dreadbabies a little more freedom.

Sooooo... I'm thinking about just yanking all the rubberbands, blunting all the ends, and letting nature take care of them. It's A week, so I won't have a hot rinse for another two. And the reason I am thinking that way is because the bands at the ends are starting to break. I didn't get the Pro-Elastics or whatever is recommended, so I just have standard bands. Most of the ones at the roots really aren't tight enough to break. So I'll find a rubberband in the shower, or on the floor of the bathroom after I blow dry my hair (still haven't found what that went to). And I don't want to put new ones in.

It's about two months, the time when Jonny Clean said they'd be about ready to blunt. I know by feel that some of them probably aren't... But the idea of doing it is tempting.

Only thing I'm really worried about is family vacation in about two weeks... including swimming in a lake and/or pool. Probably not conducive to newly-blunted ends. If it was salt water... I wish we had salt-water around here.

But yeah, thinking of pulling the tip bands and then maybe the root bands after the A weeks is over and I've made sure to clockwise rub all of them real good. And then pray.

No, seriously, I've been praying, "please God, heal my dreads." 'Cause if he can heal people, why not hair? Not saying they're all bad, just a few that feel like they could still benefit from rebackcombing, but I don't think I can stomach any more of that. Some people's hair does this naturally.

But, 'til next week. When maybe I'll have an awesome picture of blunted band-less dreadbabies going on. See yah.


















(Rawr! Can you see my lower fixed retainer from there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment