Sunday, May 13, 2012

Six Weeks

Going to have to make this a quicker post, as we are supposed to be leaving for the in-law's house soon. More creassult on the way.

But anyway, I put wax back in and palm rolled them this last week. Today I washed them really good twice to hopefully get most of that wax out.

Honestly, I'm rather worried about them. Some seem to be maturing fine, and I even tried my hand at blunting a few of the tips (though I should have waited until after this shower I suppose). I only did it with a few that were pretty hard right above the rubberband. It was actually difficult to try and pull the tip into the rubberband. And those look pretty good and dread-like. Others don't seem like they've matured at all since backcombing and others seem to think their goal in life is to make me despair of them ever dreading. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm stumped. I'm starting to think I'll do everything according to schedule until the end of three months, then just take all the rubberbands out. Maybe the problem ones will dread themselves eventually.

The pictures aren't the best (although the first one makes my eyes look like they are deep red... which is kind of cool) because I haven't had time for maintenance right after the shower, so there should be a lot of loose hair.



















This picture down here is trying to show you some of the blunted dread-like ones.



















I am attempting to join DreadHeadHQ's Facebook-like thing (called Dread Family) and maybe I'll get some more input there. I hate going running to Jonny Clean every time I get worried. He's lucky I don't have his phone number, or I'd be texting him all the time.

But I'm still holding out. Because I love my dreadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment