Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Dreaded Day (ha...ha...ha)

So! We are...1/4th done? The guys have taken a break and are playing a LoL game.

Now, to be honest, I am kind of scared. My dreads are all a mess, some are REALLY thin, even though I thought the section sizes were accurate, and David has succeeded in pulling out half my hair. By all indications, they should get better... but I am a doubter. And wondering if I should spend the next three months hiding my head. I feel like my mom will at the very least be thinking "I told you so" and if she looks at my head at all, she will give a look of despair.

I don't want to see that. Hence the tam. I'm just going to keep something on my head and deny everyone. Yes, my head looks that weird. The locks are kind of tending toward Sideshow Bobness.

Also, nobody told me how painful this would be. Sure, I read it was going to be some pulling when you take the rubberbands out (cept I didn't have them at the roots cause I have braids) and a little pain when people are trying to get the hair knotted close to the roots. Well, Kyle is doing a bang-up job at getting the hair knotted close to the roots and it hurts like hell. At the very least, it feels like two people pulling hair straight out from my head and going at it with a blunt saw. At the most, I want to sink my fingernails in something, bite my lip, and cry.

I haven't cried yet. But we are only 1/4th done. This is going to take forever.

2 comments:

  1. lol Sideshow Bob! Omg my first weekend of dreads was my birthday party and I just couldn't get over how much Sideshow Bob was happening to me. It was VERY discouraging.

    Oh and I wanna apologize now cuz I may be resurrecting a few old posts as I'm reading thru your journey. I had so many of the same thoughts/fears/anxieties and our vision was quite similar. However my hair is totally the opposite of yours. Anyways, i'm babbling and wasting precious reading time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that's fine. It's meant to tell other people what went on, so once it's done, it will be more like an online memoir than a news listing. I hope you enjoy; I babble all the time.

      Delete