Friday, March 30, 2012

Sectioned-ed!

So, I decided to get my hair sectioned by MasterCuts. They cited $15 an hour to section and braid each section. I was getting the braids partially to hold the section and partially because the waviness that is left is supposed to help it dread.

Moral of the story is don't get braids. I was there three hours. It was $15 an hour, so $45. I think it would have been much cheaper (and much less painful) to just get it sectioned. I had no idea how small 3/4ths an inch actually is, and how tiny the resulting braids are.

I had to bike there, so I brought along a bandanna to hide my checkerboard braided head. Here is me incognito:


Annnnndd... here is how I look with my silly braided sections:


I hope those are 3/4ths an inch, because I was informed that size was perfect and I really don't want them any smaller.

My scalp feels really weird now. But, I am now sectioned and ready to start dreading in the morning, as soon as I get the food/snack situation figured out. I have no intentions of leaving the apartment until I am fully dreaded.

[I'd like to note that I am choosing the "small" option for the photos and this is the result. I'd also like to note that I am not a big fan of my nose.]

Edit: I have gone through and cut most of the pictures sizes in half... manually by typing in new pixel sizes on all the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment