Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fifteen Weeks...I Think

Been busy. I thought that being scheduled for full eleven hour shifts meant you'd only have to work four days a week. I could deal. No, apparently it means that you work three full shifts and two half days. I think I was about four hours overtime last week. And then on the full days, I can pretty much choose one thing to do in the three hours of the evening I have left. If I want to raid in WoW, I can't exercise.

All that to say, posting on blogs takes a bit of a back seat. It's an excuse.

So, my dreads aren't maturing quite the way I want. I think some that didn't have much in the way of knots previously now have more, but they don't seem to be locking. I'm getting close to the four month mark and I'm rather worried. I keep trying to tell myself that they'll get there. I've started them and their natural tendency should be to continue to knot and lock and I just take care of the outside loose hair.

My rubberbands at the roots have been falling out. I took out the ones at the top around my part, so they basically covered all the others that still had bands. And they are reaching the point of decay that I cannot take them out intact. They just snap. And now they are starting to actually break on their own. I'll find one stuck to the shower curtain, one by my pillow when I get up, two on the floor after exercising. I actually found one on the back of the car on the trunk yesterday. I took a look at it and decided the sun had adverse effects on it. David came over, recognized it, laughed, and tried to pick it up. He then discovered that old rubberbands sitting on metal melt in the sunlight. It was a little gross. I need to get the rest of them soon. They are starting to get sticky.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment