Monday, December 3, 2012

Eight months

So it's been eight months. And I've mostly been letting them do their thing. Yeah, I'm not updating as much, but I feel that my dread journey has slowed down quite a bit from the beginning, so things don't change as much from month to month as they did from week to week in the beginning.

I think I've been finding more that are locked up, nice springy ropey things. Still a few weak spots, still a few weak dreads, blah blah... this is for posterity, remember?

So, in the beginning I had some issues with dandruff. This was nothing new as I've had it off and on my whole life. I usually just change shampoos, either to Head and Shoulders or off Head and Shoulders (usually to Herbal Essence... cause they have good graphic design). Well, my scalp adapted and for a few months of having dreads, I didn't have any dandruff. And then, like it's been doing as long as I can remember, I got dandruff back. Except I was using shampoo specifically for my dreadlocks. It's supposed to be residue free, if you recall, and I know this stuff is. And Head and Shoulders probably isn't. So I just kept using my dreadlocks shampoo and kept having dandruff.

Now, nobody likes dandruff. Makes my head itch and flakes are awful. And once, when I was a child, I got lice. Now, I didn't have dreadlocks then, so you can't blame them. And I wasn't even overseas at the time. I got it here in America while we were visiting. It was an awful horrible experience and I still dread it even now... so when my head itches, I run to Mom.

"Mom? Can you check my hair again?"

Lice would be even worse in dreads cause you can hardly comb them out, so you have to go for stronger other methods.

I hate it when my head itches. And I finally got Head and Shoulders shampoo and about two weeks later, I think it's helping. I'm just going to have to use the dreadlock shampoo from time to time to try and get all residue out.

In other notes, it's really weird going to parties and events at David's work and him being all clean-cut and wearing button up shirts and me with dreadlocks... although I wasn't the most different one at the last event. Some employee's girlfriend had dyed red hair, facial piercings, and tattoos.

Here is a picture. I was outside and it was breezy. And over 60 degrees and warm enough that left my sweatshirt inside. And it's December. Surreal.


No comments:

Post a Comment